Wednesday

Do you know if your builder is financially secure? Do you care?

Do you know if your builder is financially secure? Do you care? I think you should and here’s why:

In these struggling times, I have been personally seen a number of builders who ignore my invoices. I have customers web-sites and domain names that are permanently removed from my server for failure to pay a $15.00 invoice.

After speaking with other contractors in the area, I was informed that a certain builder had no fewer than 5 leans on a home he recently finished. What does that do the buyer when it comes time to close on the home? Now this builder is using a different name and still building in Pueblo West.

I suggest you look up your builder’s homes with the Pueblo Trustees’ office to see if it’s in foreclosure first. http://www.pueblopt.com . I can tell you that there are a good number of builders home on this list.

I honestly feel bad for most of these guys. They are usually honest, hard working builders trying to stay in business. But it is the select few that don’t pay the contractors that help build their homes in the first place. They should be ashamed of themselves. If my builder clients were to just call and ask for a extension or even a free year of web-site hosting, I would not only understand, but gladly help.

Jeff Miller
J~PIX Media Solutions
719-428-5749
jeff@jpixmedia.com
http:www.jpixmedia.com

1 comment:

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.